Hello, today the Wolfe’s hosted us.
Justin read the story of Sampson to the kids.
In the sermon, we studied Mark 16 — the last chapter of Mark
We talked about…
- The empty tomb and the fear among those who discovered it
- The message of the angel
- The reactions of Jesus’ friends to the resurrection
- Do we believe in this improbable event? Why do we believe? How are we affected?
Hello! Happy Father’s Day! 🙂
Today Amanda hosted church, Simeon read the story, and Justin preached.
The story was about the wise men following the star, meeting Herod, and visiting and worshiping Jesus.
Justin wanted to talk about God as our Father for Father’s day and read a few passages about that. Here are the ones we read…
- The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13)
- Matthew 7:7-12
- Matthew 10:19-20
- Galatians 4:4-7
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- Proverbs 3
- Malachi 2:10
- Psalm 68:5
Hello! Today church was at the Franklin’s, Simeon read the kids story and also preached the sermon.
The story – this week we read about Mary and Joseph taking newborn baby Jesus to the temple.
For the sermon we read Mark 15:15-47 (end of chapter)
Some things we talked about:
- The many ironies in the story: Jesus’ crown, title, and royal robe
- The meaning of crucifixion – torture, shame, spectacle.
- The cross changed form a symbol of death to life
Today church was hosted by the Wolfe’s.
Simeon read to the kids about the angels appearing to the shepherds and telling them to visit Baby Jesus.
In today’s sermon Justin read the story of the death of Polycarp, a 2nd century martyr. Then Eliza, Jude, and Tracy read Acts 5. We talked about the the attitude of the early Church in rejoicing in suffering for Christ.
Some things that were brought up in our discussion:
- Jesus says all the trials we face will be made up for in the Kingdom of Heaven.
- It should be a joy to serve Jesus and come to shame for Him.