Today, Tracy and Mary hosted, Justin read the story, and Simeon preached.
Israel decides that they want a king and Samuel anoints Saul.
Simeon is still going through Jesus Creed by Scot McKnight
“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”
What does it mean to love God? We can think about it means to love people. How do we know?
- Those are the ones you care about
- They’re your priorities
- You like to spend time with them
- You’re fond of them
What is your heart?
- The seat of your emotions
- Your conscience
- Your inner-self/the real you
- Central key element
- The fount of your personality
What is your soul?
- The eternal thing
- Your essence
- How you think
- Your energy
- With your all
We read through…
- Stephanie read Luke 7:36-50 — you need to realize all that Jesus has done for you!
- Tracy read John 15:8-15 –we are more than servants, we are friends of Jesus!
Love leads to obedience and joy — happiness! We find happiness in loving God.
Making a habit of praying before meals, and memorizing scripture are good ways to turn back to God. Communion (another way) is a thing that calls our hearts back to God.
The Jesus Creed encourages us to pursue loving God.
We closed with the Lord’s Prayer.